I’m a massive fan of paneer as a lovely lighter option in curries but usually making a whole curry is quite time and labour intensive. This option tastes great and takes a fraction of the time. If you can’t get paneer, halloumi would probably work in a pinch. You can sub in any wraps though I like to use parathas or roti. And a good quality mango chutney is an essential! Hope you enjoy!
– 1 block paneer
– 1 onion
– 1 chilli (or 1/4 tsp chilli powder)
– 1 tsp dried coriander
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp turmeric
– 1 tsp madras/ any curry powder
– 1 tbsp tomato paste
– a few handfuls salad
– wraps/ parathas/ roti
– 2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
– mango chutney
– 1 tsp yoghurt
1. Chop the paneer into 1cm chunks, slide the onion and chilli finely.
2. Fry the onions in a little vegetable oil until soft, add the spiced, chilli and tomato paste, and a little water to loosen the mix, then add the paneer until cooked through and a little crispy on the edges.
3. Warm the wraps in the oven or in a pan then place salad leaves on, spoon some paneer mix over the top.
4. Finish with shopped fresh coriander, a spoon of yoghurt and mango chutney.