It’s bloody freezing outside, and nothing will quite hit that spot as much as a lovely warm soup.
This is probably, as recipes go, one of the easiest and quickest things you could make, requires very few ingredients and is everything you need for those freezing winter eves.
1 head of broccoli
1 chicken stock cube
1 tbsp dried tarragon
1 tsp yoghurt (to swirl in at the end)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Cut the broccoli into smallish florets, use most of the stalk too it’s got great flavour.
2. Boil in half a pan of water until cooked through.
3. Pour out 2/3 of the cooking water retaining some of it. Crumble in the stock cube to the water over the broccoli and cook on medium heat until dissolved.
4. Mix in the milk, olive oil and tarragon and cook until the broccoli is almost falling apart.
5. Blend up the soup with a stick blender until the soup is smooth, it’ll turn a beautiful bright green colour that feels super healthy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Finish with a swirl of yoghurt and some toasted almond slivers or crunchy fried onion pieces.
Delicious, healthy, full of flavour and warming. Seasons eatings!!