It’s been a mad few days shooting a lot of content in Barcelona. And for any of you that have ever been on a set, you’ll know there is always a ready and plentiful supply of food. It’s all too tempting to constantly load up in free moments.So after a few heavy days I just needed a plate of freshness. Enter my summer veg ribbon salad!
Celeriac is one of my favourite soup veg but it also makes a cracking salad. It’s got a more delicate version of celery flavour and has a great crunch. Mix that with some courgette ribbons and a fit, spicy lime and scotch bonnet dressing and you’re onto a winner.
Here’s my recipe:
1/2 small celeriac
1 med tomato
Juice of 1 lime
1/3 scotch bonnet chilli
1/2 garlic clove
1 tsp capers
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. You need to slice the celeriac very very finely or it’ll be too crunchy, for this you need a mandolin. As you go, keep spritzing it with lime so it doesn’t discolour (celeriac oxidises very fast).
2. Ribbon your courgette with a peeler (discard the seedy centre). Chop the tomato and add.
3. Lightly chop the chilli and garlic and pop into a pestle and mortar with the salt, pound to a fine paste.
4. Add the paste to a cup and mix in as much olive oil as you like and the rest of the like juice, mix up to finish off the dressing and pour over the top of your veg.
5. Finish with a few capers and good sprinkle of finely chopped coriander. Mix up and enjoy in the sunshine!!